Our approach to intervening in markets is based on working as market facilitators. While doing Market Analysis, we look at 5 factors: Where the commercial opportunities are, political economy of target markets, systemic constraints, growth trends, climate risks and position of the poor.
Our Theory of Change Focuses on Transforming How Markets Work
Large-scale wealth creation through sustainable, competitive and inclusive transformation of market systems
To work in partnership with the private sector and government to catalyze innovation and promote competitive and inclusive markets
Through Systemic Intervention we target constraints that were limiting pro-performance of target markets
We achieve by buying down the risk of innovation, facilitating commercial partnerships, promoting trust and transparency through improved information flows, enabling increased access to finance and supporting the government in creating an enabling environment.
Market System Change creates improved performance of businesses, more effective governance, greater access to appropriate goods and services, increased competition, increased investment. Increased access and growth is measured by improvements in practices, quality, increased yields and increased sales through appropriate market channels. Overall, our impact has resulted in increased incomes, new jobs, improved CC resilience and reduced food insecurity.
KMT’s Strategic Objectives 2019-2022
Deliver large- scale, inclusive and sustainable growth in key market sectors in Kenya
- Identify key market segments to work with
- Implement a portfolio of carefully chosen market transformation initiatives
- Further embed the principles of market development approach in our work
Understand how markets work in Kenya as the basis for influence and action
- Conduct in-depth research and robust analysis to influence our work across the sectors
- Work with leading research institutions to build an evidence base for transformation of the various markets
Build the premier institution for market transformation in Kenya
- Create robust organisational strategies, structure, processes and systems to support our work
- Build a positive organisational culture which enables employees to thrive in their work
- Attract and retain the best staff from the market
- Build and leverage partnerships with like- minded organisations and industry players
- Attract diversified funding
- Build KMT’s visibility and successes of our work